Friday 26 December 2014

Holy Holidays

Holy Holidays




Well this holiday season has been quiet. With all the lack of in-law-ness it has been serene and uncomplicated. We have feasted. Exchanged gifts. Played games together online and tabletop (I have to tell you that from dying three times, a run of bad luck of unprecedented magnitude I turned the tide and won the game, Munchkin is a serious business.) We have been swimming which was glorious and quiet too. I have done quite a lot of yoga, mostly because my sciatica has been giving me jip and when I discovered by doing a little how stiff and made of bubble wrap and elastic bands I was I figured I should do something about it. So I have rediscovered some of my flexibility even in just doing a little everyday. When not eating lots of rich food I have been quite good eating simply and making use of my beautiful new Chinese handmade tea set and drinking green tea or Ceylon. I have rested, napped and lay about reading and felt more "on holiday" than I have in a long time.
Mini witch (who is decidedly less mini) has had some wonderful moments (and some truly "I just turned 13" moments) my favourite been how much she geeked out about her Lantern rings. My other best one was last night where she turned to me Wednesday Addams style while we were waiting for Doctor Who to come on and there was some awful Christmas tatty TV on and said

"I think I just died a little on the inside."

Her timing was perfect and I roar with laughter and was unable to explain to TK what had set us off.
After Doctor Who we gamed a little more and then I did yoga and TK stretched. I found I was calm but quite stimulated and wrote my blog about Frankincense and took some photos. It was the best Christmas day I have had in a very long time, possibly ever. When we could (not hosting for someone or other) we eat fishfinger sandwiches and watch Doctor Who but this year we knew it was just us. A great weight has lifted and a sense of deep peace has washed over me.
Then TK mentioned something just before we went to sleep that kept me awake on and off all night, that is was suppose to SNOW today. Some part of my brain kept waking me up to look to see if it was all the time.
That and my damn hip.








I think I will do some baking today. I don't know whether to just make a savory pie with the left over lamb and leek cawl or use my chestnut and macadamia nut butter and the puff pasty to make some pies (nicer and lighter than mince pies which I like but get a bit sick of).
I still have incense and some candles to make I just want to hold onto this feeling a little while longer.

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment