Thursday 21 July 2016

Praying with your feet

Praying with your Feet


Pilgrimage


I have struggled to be still lately. Rather than fight against it I have used it as an opportunity to walk. Of course having a dog that likes walks (and is well behaved) helps. I have walked further than I have in a long time.
The pain and exhaustion in my body afterwards seems worth it some how. I love to walk and be around wild and trees, or wildish.
 This spot is a spot on the south coast near Hastings that is my teachers meditation spot. It is not and easy walk for me and I wish I had taken more pictures. At some point I was just trying to keep going instead. There is a history of pilgrimage and in the echoes I could see monks walking the path we trod. Apparently it was a pilgrimage path to Canterbury. It was so calm. So clearing. Some connecting somehow. To hear the wind, the birds and the sea. To see porpoise playing in the light. It was magickal.
Although this was the most challenging hike we did the week we were away we went to the sea every day. Stood and gazed at Her beauty.

Coming back to the city is always hard for me and I felt it very keenly. After about a week I could stand it no longer and headed to some local woods.
The rain didn't put me off, in fact I liked it as I knew less people would be out. I have a couple of spots I like to sit in where I am surrounded by "green". During my meditation I saw a kite soar over head.




I got some peace before some human intrusion (a couple come to the woods to fight and a group of boys just squealing like sows).
As I gave up and headed to meet my family further up the hill some more oddness ensued. We could hear flute music. Curious we followed deeper into the wood. We sat and listened together as the curious birds and wisps of music continued. A coppery red little bird was very curious and the sense that a faun would be around the next corner persisted. Leaves sometimes danced being drawn upwards only to fall again.

White feathers fell on me and near me twice. 

I decided I would return this week (the weather has just been too hot for me to even try yet).

It is easy to be an armchair mystic (especially when you are sick or sore) yet being there, and really being there gives me a sense of hope, healing and wonder.
I feel as though the faery found me again while I was away and they haven't been "dulled" by the city-ness yet. It is really a blessing I am unable to even try to put into words.
Next time we go I want to take a bag to pick up rubbish (who leaves beer cans and crap where animals can hurt themselves on it?) I also thought of taking my flute with me too. Sing back to the faun sitting "just around the next bend".

Bright Blessings xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment