Saturday 23 July 2016

Where there's Faery...

Where there is Faery...



So lets start from today's reading and go on from there?
I am using The Heart of Faerie Oracle by Brian and Wendy Froud and The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud and Jessica Macbeth.

The Returning- The Heart of Faerie Oracle


She glances at you, over her shoulder. After you get lost in their complex mazes, after you wander, after you search high and low, after the quest, you go home.
You will never quite be the same again.
You have seen too much, tasted things, tried things, but now you need to go back and apply it to your life.
You are a little muddier. You have salt stains on your clothes and leaves in your hair. Now you carry a bag of gold. A bag of wisdom. She says

"You know who you really are, shape the change that is coming."

Profound change and new perspectives are coming. They not only give us new and deeper understanding of ourselves, but our path and choices to come.



Mickle a' Muckle The Faeries Oracle


Mickle and I have a complicated relationship. He likes to try and make me laugh by creating little problems, burning toast, hiding things, computer format glitches (oh how I didn't laugh), hiding things in plain sight, tripping me up over nothing.

I know his lessons are wise. I know he is teaching me to calm down, do less, just be and have a good laugh, but boy! Sometimes I have a real sense of humour failure.
Mickle says

"But you should have seen your face!"

You have two choices. You can scream and seethe or you can let it go and laugh. Either way there will be hiccups and bumps in the road. Carry your sense of humour with you. Play if you can. Dance and sing at every opportunity because there will be hiccups and bumps, burnt toast, hidden keys and you can either laugh or not.


Yesterday I went out and collected a load of wild herbs and flowers. I was just deciding on what books to bring when my one of my bookshelves refused to allow the book back onto the shelf. It was sudden and weird. The whole thing looked like it might fall. TK had a ferkle and what jumps out? My old Faeries Oracle. They have been "missing" for quite a while (maybe a year or so) but clearly with me doing daily readings from the new Faery deck they wanted in on the action! This deck does like to wander. No shelf, draw or box can contain them! We will see how long they want to play for!

Bright Blessing and I hope Mickle doesn't do too much of a number on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment