Wednesday 17 August 2016

Faery Juggling Joy

Faery Juggling Joy



I am working with The Heart of Faerie Oracle by Wendy and Brian Froud and The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud and Jessica Macbeth.


*The Juggler - The Heart of Faerie Oracle


A long time ago I tried to learn to juggle. The circus school said they could teach anyone to juggle. The guy teaching me said not to worry. "You only juggle until you drop something, and everyone drops something."
I never did learn to juggle, well not with scarfs of balls. The other kind I am great at. I have some many interests, so many passions! As well as being a wife, home educator, mum and witch.
People often chide me. "Just do that one thing you are good at!"
I just have tides and seasons. Sometimes I must make music, sometimes I must write, or paint or cook. Sometimes all I want to do is readings, tarot or otherwise. So I juggle. We all juggle, until we don't.
The Juggle says

"Don't juggle something you're not prepared to drop."


Take a breath. Mind your footing. Slow down, just a bit. Do you need to add another "ball" to what you are already juggling? What can you safely drop? Is it time to focus on less? Is it time to stop worrying about the next things you might juggle?


A Collection of Pixies - The Faeries Oracle


Pixies like to get things done. They do have a lot to do. Pixies actually like helping people too.  Yet they dance it joyfully. It can be difficult for human to understand joy and duty in the same breath but fae love contradictions. Besides just because it has to be done doesn't mean you can't have fun with it. The pixies say

"Do it together and dance."


Your jobs and chores won't get done any faster but you might feel better about doing the dishes if you are singing your heart out, or have a good view out of the window.
If you have a duty and care to do something you don't have to head at it like chewing chalk. You get to choose how you honour your duties and responsibilities. It is so much happier to share the load, to laugh and talk through the work. Yes you have hard work ahead of you, you get to decide if you make it a burden or a delight.


* As per usual the faeries had it right. I wrote most of this yesterday but the Juggler add a couple more things I couldn't drop. Notably my husband need help with some D.I.Y to stop something heavy falling on his head. Then a poem came to me, so I wrote it down, and then there was lunch...you see my point!

No comments:

Post a Comment