Monday 28 September 2015

The Greatest Lesson

The Greatest Lesson


What is the greatest lesson? 

As a spiritual teacher I often get asked this question and to be honest I don't always have an answer.
In fact, I don't have all the answers to anything. I know a lot but when it comes to someone else's spiritual life and path there is only one person with all the answers they need. 
Only the self.
You.
You have all the spiritual answers within yourself that you need. That doesn't mean you won't be sparked or taught or inspired by others. Or that techniques or systems can't be explored through a book like the The Key Opening the Doorway to Magickal Practice.
What it does mean is that YOU must open the doors.
Always.
That if you seek within your mind and heart it will never be a wasted journey.
We have been conditioned by Abrahamic faiths not to think, not to seek, that the spiritual self  comes through (male) leaders of that faith. That the answers will be given if you are "good" enough.
Your mind is a garden and you allow are responsible for what you choose to grow there. What grows in the shade is just as important as in the light. What is poison, what is medicine what gives nourishment, all of which you can control, IF you choose to try.
This in modern terms is "mindfulness".
I prefer headology.
First sight and second thoughts. 
That is to see what is actually there with no judgement, no need to add or take away.
Second thoughts mean to watch your own thinking. Watch your train of thought. 
Add and remove, look at what it is telling you. Be the observer within your own mind and it will teach you things I have not even imagined for you.
Fundamentally I believe in embracing yourself, in finding your own worthiness and path.
I could make a lot more money just writing the normal pagan book telling you you must be this or that, shaming and blaming, ridiculing those who are different (Christian or pagan), but I won't.  
Your true power can never be given to you, only you can embrace it, use it and open the doorways to the happiness and wholeness you deserve.
Are you bold enough to try?
Can you let go of your fears and old ideas?

Shall we begin? Imperfect in our seeking but wild and free?

Bright Blessings xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I am thinking of what my greatest lesson might be. You got me thinking and smiling. Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I am thinking of what my greatest lesson might be. You got me thinking and smiling. Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete