Saturday 7 May 2016

Dabbling with Spirit

Dabbling with Spirit


For inspiration about what to write I have been trawling Twitter and BOY am I inspired...to smack folks up the back of the head Gibbs style.
I don't quite know what is worse the questions or the replies.

"There's a spirit and I don't know what it is. How do I find out?"


"Poke it with a stick!"

"Make yourself open, use a Ouija board, then poke it with a stick."

After a moment of composure, let me begin. I have worked with spirit on and off all my life and had some serious training because for your safety and the safety of other require it. You should know when to open up, when not to, how to keep yourself safe, how to identify what is what and work with guides.
What I do can be beautiful and unbelievably moving. It is a privilege, but not one I wear lightly. I am quite rare in terms of mediums because my witchcraft training means I give short thrift to bad attitudes (violence especially).
Side effects from dabbling without a good teacher and many hours of training can range from physical illnesses, violent spirit attacks, aura's of death (killing plants and small animals by just being around them) and mental break downs.
Dabbling can ruin not only your life but that of those around you.

When you dabble you are giving attention, and therefore energy to something, something unknown. Something that might have once belonged here or was never supposed to be here at all. It is opening a door, or tearing a hole and all kinds of things can bleed through. If you have "the gift" but are not trained YOU become the tear.
Let me repeat that.
You become the tear, bleeding all kinds of anything where ever you go.
If this happens for long enough it can effect the person so badly that just binding and closing it shut is the safest bet.
This why I would train for hours both by meditating daily since I was 9 years of age to working in circles since I was 18. At 18 I was sitting 3 or more times a week, learning, observing finding where and what the limits were. I learned how to read the energy, how to sense what was good and what wasn't. I built up my team of guides and guardians. I also learned how to ward myself, when to be cautious and when to react quickly.

If you have a spirit problem, speak to a good professional.

If you want to learn or have "the gift" then find a circle, or even a spiritualist church (some are more Christian than other, some are not Christainy at all).

I do not believe you can learn this from a book because much of it is feeling. A sensation, the smell of something rotten even if it looks fine. You will not know how sideways it can go until it does.
A good group can help you be protected and help you learn more in 6 months than reading books about it for 10 years.



Learning from spirit is an amazing experience, one I struggle to put into words. One touch, one moment with your guides or teachers  can change you deeply and profoundly. From art to languages, from deep spiritual knowledge to the trust to have a bit more fun in life.

You can not just jump into this ocean and just swim, and even if you do it doesn't make it less dangerous. Practising, knowledge and training in your local "pool" help a lot.

Bright Blessings xxx

Don't forget to buy my book The Key here
Or shop for spells and Craft items here.

No comments:

Post a Comment