Saturday 28 December 2013

Holy Days


So I have had some time off blogging. In fact it is fair to say that I have spent a goodly amount of time celebrating, feasting, making and giving gifts and sleeping. Quite a lot of sleeping.
On the Friday, Yule-eve, we had some lovely pagan friends of our pop over for mince pies, coffee and mulled wine. We had lovely chutneys (she makes them so well) and lots of other goodies. We promised we would all get together soon to celebrate our birthdays as P and M have birthdays like TK and myself in January. It had been a tough week and an pretty tough day too; so it was a wonderful relief to feel relaxed and happy.
We had gotten the tree all sorted the day before and smells so good.


 
The day it's self mini witch got up late, and we had a lovely brunch. TK had to brave town to pick the duck and some other bits and pieces. Slowly we cooked and prepared for the feast. In the UK went tend to try and make the Christmas meal happen at lunch time and we had tried that before. My dear American friend taught me the error of my ways and we have big feast as evening meals which makes them MUCH more relaxed and chilled out.
We sat down to our feast.









It was a lot of food. None of it went to waste. It went for 4 and a half meals. The next day the duck and Stilton sandwiches with the bacon wrapped chestnut and mushroom stuff was particularly good.
2013 has been a great year for me. Car crash aside my health has been getting better and better (not that physiotherapy was good experience for me but it's only pain right?) My family and I have reconnected. I wrote a book and publishers are calling me. All good things coming.
I have a lot of love and gratitude for so many people this year. I have a lot of things I still want to do. A lot of things I want to learn and teach. Paintings to paint. Books to write. Places to visit. People to heal and tend to and maybe just maybe some asses to kick. I have a lot of joy and laughter coming, a lot of fun too. Some of it might be hard work, which I am prepared for, but the rest will be like breathing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment