Monday 9 December 2013

  No Tears:
This day, this date I lost someone more precious than I can express. I will not dredge up old pain. Old grief today. I have cried enough.
 Oceans


I cried oceans
I have cried sands
I have cried skies
I cried lands
I cried softly
I have cried loud
I have cried in secret
I have cried proud
I cried in bed
Alone in the dark
I cried in the garden
The street, the park.
I cried in the bath
So nobody would see
I cried on the train
The bus, in a car.
I cried myself sick
Swollen and blind
I cried myself angry
I cried myself kind
I cried without warning
I cried when I planned
I have cried oceans
I have cried lands.
So if today you see no tears
I have been crying
And crying
And crying for years.

 In Living


In living in remembering they live
In Shades and in half refelected light
The smell of hair: the warmth of breath
In living we are not utterly breft.
In living and in knowing
They live.
In the hazy warm of between
Gentle sleep and rude awake
We brave the day for their sweet sake.

Watching those who dare not speak
Press their grief and in darkness keep
To snuff out any warmth at all
Hot and burning tears might seep
Prize forgetting most of all.

I shall not ever shy away
From the warm memories, dreams that play
That turn to frozen dust in day
For in remembering they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment