Wednesday 30 April 2014

Beltane Blessings


So the season is on us and as usual I am crazy busy. I am going away camping on Beltane it's self in my new canvas tent. Tonight I have my students over and I hope to do circle work.
As Beltane is such a fae festival I have my own special blend of incense ground. I have seen so odd ingredients for Beltane blends, including the use of elder, which is toxic and stinks, wouldn't get my seal of approval!
My blend (until I tinker later) is
Juniper berries 
Lavender flowers
Cinnamon
Cloves
Copal resin
Apple wood

Kind of gummed up my grinder but it will be fine. I could have done it by hand but the berries are never fine enough and fall off the charcoal.
Just finished washing the floors with mix of salt, herbal decoction (lemonbalm, hyssop, lavender marjoram) , essential oils (black pepper, lemongrass, lavender) and eco-friendly washing powder. Then I poured it over and down my front steps. If I had had more time (and inclination) I could have washed everything with it, including windows.
My herbs are growing (and some) are drying nicely too. My lovely lilac is scenting the whole garden and house beautifully, and my lovage is drying really well.The lilac will be going into any banishing salt or oil blend I make and it is keeping the house peaceful. I say peaceful, most of the bags are packed and I found yesterday very stressful. Still I am looking forward to being under the sky and sleeping in my warm and cosy tent, or sitting by the fire and laughing, singing and talking with friends!
In other news the dog is definitely sulking. Still can't be helped!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment