Sunday 10 August 2014

Here come the drums!

Here come the drums!


 

Last night was a wonderful ritual. Nothing too complicated.  In circle was TK, mini-witch and N as well as myself. I got everyone to help cast a circle (which is more difficult than it sounds as you need to get everyone to visualize the same or similar things). I called the fey spirits and then we sang down the moon. Each of us had a drum. As it began slowly. A simple rhythm, a simple chant. Then gradually, organically we all joined in. It flowed and ebbed and built a trance like state we were all part of. Then as naturally as it started we all stopped together. Then began the study of sage. Nothing special or rare just the study of the kitchen sage. We brewed only one teaspoon in the pot and wrapped it well to keep in the heat. We would all taste and observe the tea, make notes and observations on flavor, colour, dryness, mouth feel and smells and tastes that were similar. We circled the cup round each tasting and describing as we went along. TK and N by about the end of the second cup, beginning of the third were feeling "drunk" or "high" TK especially. Mini-witch and myself were not. We experienced a clarity and calmness.
At about this point I stopped the tea study.
We began to drum again. It was good but none of us achieved the connected trance we had managed the first time.We sang and drew down luna energy and charged our crystal balls and crystals. Then bless the cup and the cake (lemon again, it was lovely).
Then I released and gave leave to the spirits and we unwound the circle all together,
I had very deep sleep and extremely vivid dreams. Golden children, a cafe, a strange spy story interjection, tree houses, and much more that have now become fragments or photographs.
I have had lovely peaceful morning and think I might hit the flicks later for my geek quota (though everyone like super-hero comic stuff now).

No comments:

Post a Comment