Friday 8 August 2014

Hope, Faith and Joy

Hope, Faith and Joy


I am busy making things this week. I have made 4 different heart charms. Charms for the broken-hearted, cold-hearted, those in need of self-love and then spiritual love. I am also making a Goddess charm.
Hope and Faith are not always popular words in the world today. If you manage a positive outlook people tend to look at you with a distinct amount of wry eye rolling. Being positive, hopeful and having a belief in yourself, and in the world's ability for figure it out isn't naive. The thing is the idea that if we expect the worse we will surprised by the good just isn't true. If you radiate it, that is what you get. If however, you roll with the punches, know that you will make it, you always do. This doesn't make us immune to bad things, it does mean we see it as part of a learning curve. Part of something not the whole.
If people had more faith in the positive, in the good inside themselves and others imagine how amazing the world could be! If you live in your healthy joy only good can come. I don't mean just sit and get high or run away from the world. I mean follow your passions for helping others, for creating beautiful things.
The radical idea that you should spend your days doing what you love instead of what you feel you should do seems like sense to me. Yet from the youngest age we prime ourselves and our children for following their miseries instead of joys. Do something sensible. Do something practical. What about a back up? What about _____ to fall on? There are "hobbies" and "jobs" and "careers" and those who define them don't seem to care that those lines are of their own making. We talk our children out of astronaut, or mega-star and wonder why our children are miserable!
Not everyone can be ______ (add something here) but not everyone wants to be. I thought I should be an actor like my Dad my whole life and I worked my ass of at it. Until I figured out that it made me soul crushingly miserable! That magick and massage and writing make me happy. The thing is with the technologies we have today one person can do the work of 30 or 40 people! So what do those guys and girls do? Grow vegies? Design gardens? Build custom cars? The world is changing and if we can we can change the world for the better! With some hope, some faith to follow our Joy and make the world brighter.

Bright Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment