Wednesday 17 September 2014

Away with the faeries

Away with the faeries


I see a fair amount of other worldly things at in my regular life. From spirits of all kinds, to visions and dreams that are "more than dreams". So when I needed to make a quick and small batch of Mabon incense yesterday for a customer and I had to burn some to make sure it was "right" I had not expected to be quite so....not here?
Incense is funny stuff. You can mix all the same ingredients and it smells different, so you have to tweak it an add more of this, to balance that and so on. Even the mid level blend I was doing has 4 different essential oils as well as herbs and resins.
The herbs in this blend are dominated by yarrow, sage and rue. (Salvia Officinalis. Ruta graveolens.) 

Yarrow: Achillea millefolium is a strong psychic herb, raising vibration and awareness, so much so that even though it is great for coughs and colds I rarely use it because it makes me unable to control how much I "see". Anyway as a core ingredient in this blend I had no choice "suck it up" and make sure my blend was not only right, but good. It took a while to find the right balance and make it sweet enough but I got there. When it was done I jarred it up and TK wrapped it for posting.

Well I felt fabulous (my family were not impressed as I had no filter and pure "Lucy" was spewing out of my mouth). After a mad cleaning frenzy TK dumped me into bed.
As I lay there I was suddenly aware of a woman sat next to me on the bed. She was sat up. She had white unruly hair and was old. She was wearing a dress with many colours of soft blue. Behind her was a tree or shrub of deep blue colour. It's bark was smooth almost silvery and the roots were twists and tangles. The roots curled and spread seemingly beneath the bed and the branches  grew and curled so I was in this bower  of shining leaves. I felt safe and peaceful. I placed my head on her lap. She stroked my hair and soothed my kind and sweet words. I felt so loved and comforted that I wept. I wept at the intense and loving energy that was around me.
She bid me rest and as I did she sat with me, watched over me weaving or crocheting.
She told me to eat. I was confused until TK came upstairs a few moments later.
He brought some amazing bagels which I devoured. All the time she was there. Just moving the threads, smiling at me without looking.
I took the plate out and then crawled back into my bower.
I turned over, my back to her now and she tuts.
"Oh a right old tangle. Someone tried to bind you!"

Slowly, slowly she unpicks the threads and pulls.

Strand by strand leaves my body and I feel calmer and more centered. With each strand I feel more relaxed and less anxious (I had not realized I felt anxious). I drift into a deep deep sleep.
On waking TK is there.
I feel rested and awake. TK suggests I eat then head back to sleep again. I make another batch of different incense as the customer wanted the Samhain blend too. This is much easier as I have the expensive blend still in! TK suggest more sleep, but I am not tired. He makes me a yarrow tea, which I drink (damn it is is bitter). Still I have no more visions. The Lady is gone and yet I feel the echo of her presence, like perfume left in a room. 
I don't think any words I wrote, or any painting I created to give to you that feeling of my head in her lap. My feeling of being intensely soothingly loved. 

Bright Blessings    

No comments:

Post a Comment