Thursday 18 September 2014

Making and Dreaming

Making and Dreaming

Back in the world...ish. I have been ordering, and making, gathering and then resting so my on-line self has had to take a back seat!

I spent Saturday teaching, gathering and making.

 

From gathering Rowan berries (and leaves and wood) and making incense and salts for blessings and and protection; the pink salt and berries look so pretty,



 to finding new suppliers for my resins (I had a crappy batch of copal) and I now have a great one! I know it is work but receiving packages always feels like getting presents!

I also added some sandalwood essential oil to my sandalwood chips (different kinds of sandalwood) Anyway now I need to find some more big jars to store stuff in. I usually love to recycle my own jars but for stuff that is expensive and needs a good seal then I recon a good jar is worth it! Some artists (because that is what they are) cut down some young birch trees to make use of some blank wall space near us and I figured why waste the wood? They would make great staffs, wands and runes! I may gather some more mug-wort and glass-grass (Artemisia vulgaris, Equisetum Arvense) while I am at it too.

Mabon is such a busy time! In am looking forward to baking this weekend. Oh and Samhain! I had thought about sacking off the usual party (and stress about folks turning up or ditching last minute) but it seems people really do love the fireworks, mulled wine and honouring of the dead.
May what you gather do you good.
Bright Blessings

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment