Monday 2 February 2015

Acts of Fire and Blood

Acts of Fire and Blood.

I was not in the best of moods yesterday.I am sure some of that is hormonal. The blood pouring from my body made me raw and easily irritated. Yet I came through it's fire with the help of, well more fire. 
I have (well I do keep taking down bits and pieces) a lot of my decorations still up from Yule. The live tree had had it's baubles removed but was still decked with lights. Alfredo, had the lights removed and TK helped me by taking him outside. He also covered his pot with his coffee grounds he had collected for a month. I took down the holly and the pine boughs still up and placed them in the fire pit. I only took me a moment to get from wood and paper to the picture above.

 It burned down quickly and soon all that was left were coals. I placed them in my "junk" fire pit (as opposed to the one I cook on) and it lit well too.



The second fire was still smouldering safely when I came out when it had got dark. I took my Mooncup bin, full of sawdust and my dried blood and scattered it on the frozen ground. It felt an odd, but defiant act. 
Inside I wanted to smudge and cleanse the whole house and I made a super simple incense up and cleanse the house room to room.


A different kind of calm came over me then. Not the clarity of ritual focus but a gentle relaxation. I sat and studied for a a while (The Gospel of Mary Magdalene, really interesting actually) and was going to go to bed when I got sucked into the Superbowl TK was watching. Eventually, really late (the third quarter) we came to bed. (I can't believe the Sea-hawks lost they were playing so well when I came to bed!)

Imbolc. Fire and Blood. It didn't even snow.

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment