Wednesday 4 February 2015

Healing through Ritual

Healing through Ritual


I have spent most of today writing something very special for someone. A grieving widow contacted me (about incense) and as so often happens, POP, all of her hidden grief laid bare and tumbled out. She asked for help and so I spent today writing The Seven Tears ritual. It was not difficult to write but I had to honestly go to some deep painful places and draw on them. I was lucky enough to feel guided and supported every step of the way. Still I feel rather tired, and my head feels the wrong shape. I have figured out (in theory) what should go into my three incense blends for her. It makes me wonder if there is another book in this direction. A book about grief and loss. Many pagan books I read where no help "they are with the Goddess" sounds lovely but in no way helps with the physical and crippling pain. The modern world rather sucks at grief and would like it to be hidden and not spoken about, accept that only hurts those grieving more. So you folks out there is internet land, should I go where I am being lead and write it?
I have many poems to use and draw on from my books.
I have a well of first hand knowledge inside.

I am the mourner.
I dwell in the shadow of life.
I am the mourner.
Food is ash in my mouth.
I am the mourner.
My old life has ended.
I am the mourner.
My old life will never return.
I am the mourner

My old life is dead.”

No comments:

Post a Comment