Thursday 29 October 2015

Naked in your Rites

Naked in your Rites

 Last night night we as a family did our Samhain rites. The night before though we set up the altar and ate a traditional Irish meal only I sat in the dark drumming and singing, charging my crystals and tarot cards under the full moon.
 I had no plan just a space of reverence. 
This little bell is one of my most precious objects. I have almost nothing from my family and this was my beloved grandmother's. I would have loved one of her tea cups too. So delicate and beautiful. However this is all I have. It is a small brass Welshlady in traditional dress.
This a piece of raw coal carved into a miners helmet. It was a gift from us to Pop's a few years ago. When he past we kept it. TK's line are miners. Like at least 4 generations, probably more. From my side, my great grandfather was a colliery fireman at one of the worst disasters in history. I was going to add the antique miners lamps we have be we can't light them and seeing them "dark" would have been sad.




Last night the altar still had the crystals but I put away the cards. We had a list of names in Memorandum. The saddest thing for me was the glut of names over the last few years. We started by playing funeral music/ favourate songs of loved ones.
This is where the naked comes in. You see having no clothes on is not the same as naked. In most cases I hadn't heard the music since the funeral/dead. This lead to some very real and deeply snotty crying. Then it lifted again, shifted to something more jovial, again with the music. Then it was the usual, cast the circle, call the corners and evoke the Lady and Lord. Then TK said a few words about the parted. Then I guided a meditation to connect with spirit. It was uplifting.
As it was getting late we thanked everyone and released the circle. TK went outside and placed the offerings.
I slept better last night than I have done for a while. I think I really needed to "touch base".

Bright Blessings xxx
We left a very "working class" plate of potato and rum on the altar too.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lucy, Our Beautiful Blessed Much Beloved Naked Sister, We Give You Much Love, HEART to HEART Healing Love & Prayers, Many Blessings, ((((((((((((Many Long Tight Loving Healing Warm Continuous Bear & Dragon Hugs)))))))))))) & Many Long Heart Felt Healing Kissessssssssssssssssssssssss for you & your Family

    ReplyDelete