Friday 31 January 2014

Down with the Sickness.

So I have a chest infection. I have been to the doctor and have antibiotics. I am resting, taking plenty of fluids (though you know I am ill proper when I can not even mange tea). I have a fever and generally feel like buckets of warm crap.
I even missed my on-line course. While I have plenty of reason to turn this into a big old pity party I have to say I have been lucky this year.The new meds seem to have helped me kick winter in the ass this year as I haven't had my November through to March lurgy. I had a wonderful birthday and saw friends from all over the country. Some stayed with us a few days, some a little longer. I had wonderful handmade and bought gifts of all shapes and sizes, though the hand crocheted blanket kind of my go to right now. I have an apple wood candle holder. A ton of chocolate. A glass altar plate all shiny for Imboc and a vase full yellow roses. While it is frustrating being vulnerable and frustrating I can not do the things I want to get done, especially with the book, I have dreamed long and deep.
In my dreams I see rivers. I see mountains and mist. Towers in the distance and sometimes I hear bells, sometimes the call of sea birds. All feels peaceful. I feel like I am forgetting something, and remembering all at the same time. Of course then I have another coughing fit and hope I don't puke up the meds I last taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment