Wednesday 28 May 2014

In the breathing

In the breathing

Unlocking our potential

 

While I love my bed (I really mean it, it is awesome) getting up and breathing, meditating with someone else first thing in the morning is actually a wonderful way to start the day. D works not far from my home and now he drives he has an extra 30 to 40 minutes. It is actually wonderful to spend that time focusing first thing with a student.
Of course everyone (including the dog) are still sound asleep upstairs, so I even have some time to write alone too.
Today we started (not that D knew) to transition between Mind, and into Body.
We have been working on surrender and the breath and today we did a combination of belly dance stance, judo stretches and yogic breathing (not at the same time). He found it quite physically tough (for a healthy young guy he whines a lot!) but I think he is just unused to breathing, holding, releasing, and moving at the same time. Thankfully being a fit young man he will get used to it quickly.
We packed quite a lot into 20 minutes. He is really getting the hang of his intuition and his energy, though his thinking often gets in the way of his knowing. It is such a joy when you see someone really getting it.
Some people find this transition quite difficult because the body is something they fight against.
 "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak".
Yet the body is a joy, full of power and energy, grace and beauty.
I believe in it's power and knowledge. It is a gift to honour. 
Ritual practices channel power through our bodies it is important to respect them, love them, enjoy them. I am looking forward to watching everything blossom.
I want to make a Youtube video soon, I just had no idea promoting my book would be so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment