Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Art of Surrender

The Art of Surrender 

This morning (as planned) my student D turned up before work to meditate. I had time to prepare my space so I would not have to bimble around half awake this morning, but I actually woke up early. Leaving all my loves upstairs I was able to have tea and affirm as well as meditate for myself completely undistracted (if you know me or my life you are aware how rare THAT happens).
When D got here we were able to sit straight away. Firstly we worked the square breath. Breathe in for three, hold for three, exhale for three, hold emptiness for three. As a new technique he did very well, though found the counting distracting, which of course is just to train the mind and body the structure of the breathe.When practiced it feels sort of like flying.
Then we spoke out our light within, our Divinity, our sacredness within and about giving ourself joyful permission to shine. he we spoke about the peace, and about accepting peace into our whole being. Then once we were within that space of peace within our minds and bodies I moved onto surrender.
To surrender your mind, thoughts, body, feelings to utter formlessness. To total softness. To a dreamless transitional space.
We shared this formlessness for a few minutes, and I focused ourselves back through our breathe. 
It was a beautiful start to the day, and although I have had to wake and try and rouse my darlings, and deal with the silly dog I know today is a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment