Wednesday 25 June 2014

New Adventures

New Adventures

It has been a bit of a mad time around here, what the the Solstice and helping out in D's garden (yes I know I had a lumbar puncture, no it wasn't clever). For a little while I have been thinking of making and selling charms and incense, TK has been making sets of runes (ooh they really POP) and collecting wood to make more. I also have some very talent students who could use my knowledge and skill to learn and also make some money.

In short. I am opening a Etsy shop called 


(it would have been LucyDrake&Co but the thing wouldn't let me.) I don't have the best pictures at the moment but I will soon!
I have all kinds of ideas for spells and charms.TK reads and writes Egyptian hieroglyphics, and could make written personalized spells and charms, cuts a pretty good bind rune, makes gorgeous wand and staffs.
 I am not too shabby at sewn charms, balms, oils *I am a qualified V.T.C.T aromatherapist* and I hand grind herbal incenses. We can both make spells, charms and ritual objects including sacred art for ritual rooms. 




I am teaching E my herb craft and we will be making Lammas/Lughnasa incense this weekend (she has a pretty good head start). E also is a fabulous artist, so personalized pages for Books of Shadows or Grimoires, altar pieces, hand written prayers or poems from my book can all be ordered.
 D will be taking photographs and adding them to the shop. D is a good reader, his tarot work is coming on leaps and bounds. He also a wonderful artist. 

So get your orders in! I imagine we will be furiously busy. This shop comes about for quite a few reasons. One of them being that I am on several on-line market boards and the utter flat, lifeless, cheap junk being sold breaks my damn heart! Not all, some really has the passion and fire. The spark of something sacred, but many just add beads to a stick and charge a FORTUNE. I do have to say it was D's idea though. I was grinding real ritual incense and I was explain what not to buy and where not to buy it from, when he suggested I sold mine. I honestly hadn't thought about that before. I had thought of a little shop, almost like an old fashioned sweet shop, with many jars and bottles and a high counter (this works in my brain but not in life, I am tiny). Selling runes, and herbs, natural feathers, incense, wands and the like. So until such time as I have a little shop I will have the on-line version. 
 Blessed Be you lovely people!



:)









3 comments:

  1. I'm with you every step of the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Egyptian . . . Oy have I got a story for YOU. Next time we "hangout" I'll fill you in! I am now caught up on my Lucy-blog reading, and feel motivated to attend to my own. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TK is a nightmare to by things for because if you by him something "Eygptiany" with craft/fake/gibberish hieroglyphics he gets annoyed!

    ReplyDelete