Tuesday 29 March 2016

Eggs!

Eggs!


So what with the world being shut since Friday I have done both a lot of magick, cleaning and also long stretches of bugger all.
I baked bara brith. Bara brith is a traditional Welsh fruit loaf. Speckled bread in English can be made with yeast (like I do) or more like an American banana type bread. I left my fruit soak with molasses sugar and saffron and spices while my dough was given extra time to bubble. Once the fruit was cool I added two beaten duck eggs (about twice the size and weight of a chicken egg) and added most of it to my dough. It was quite a wet dough and I only stirred it rather than kneaded it. I divided between two greased loaf tins, glazed with the last of the egg and baked.

We ate fry up's (eggs again).
Well also decorated and wrote prayers and spells on two rare breed organic free range eggs each. You can see them in a bowl in the background. The base colour is not one we painted it is how they come out of the chicken!



At dusk I began burning pine and oak and we all placed out eggs (TK and E placed their's whole I broke mine to release the spell/prayer).
We did the front and back garden. Me placing last each time. The wood smoke billowing in circles.
The last egg I threw with some force but it didn't break. Instead it bounced into the lower branches of the hedge.
TK turned to me and said
"Magick!"
I did a lot of deep shielding and cleansing meditations calling with help to let go of things I no longer needed. 
It was oddly stormy and we had sudden bouts of hail so I didn't spend much time out doors. That said I have planted my potatoes and started to tidy the garden.

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment