Saturday 19 March 2016

When Gods find you

When Gods find you

I have always found it odd when people chase Dieties and even Pantheons. Either for their "coolness" or trend, as a rule I rarely seek out Gods.
I always found they spoke the loudest in my life when I was just puttering around. That is not to say I have not gone seeking, don't pray or call out "help" or "thank you" from time to time. It is more that they pop into my life to teach me a lesson. Show me an archetype. Show me where I am through their art and poetry.
Persephone popped up to show me the way out of my "under-world" and out of my terrible relationship in my early twenties.


 So did Babba-Yagga, to a lesser extent. The Hag. The dancing wildness.They would just show up. In books and stories. Places I went. Be names scrawled on walls. Like that song you hate, that follows you?
Their lessons learned they faded (but didn't vanish) from my life. Then came Cerridwen, and a whole host of Celtic family members.

I learned I could sense and communicate with other people's Gods too after a fateful tarot reading, that was as terrifying as it was uplifting.
Then Hecate.
Friends, teachers, students! All singing her praises. She was everywhere, without me asking for a very very long time!
Now here comes Inanna.
Such moving poetry! Such sultry and sexy delights! So many questions!
I should be used to it by now.
"Hello, how are you? Will you be staying long? Cup of tea?"
It is interesting to me that the idea of letting go of your "things" to become who you fully are is an idea older than pyramids. It is interesting that even a Goddess had to fight (with help) for what was hers.
There will be more to learn of course. I will never exactly know the lesson until I learn it!

Bright Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment