Saturday 28 September 2013

Daily Practice
I know a fair few witches and pagans who while they may share pictures or ideas, give tarot reading or shoulders to cry on do not practice connection every day.
While it is not always easy or practical for me daily practice means I get to choose my focus, cleanse my stuff and bring my space and center into a better place.
While meditation is something I have done for a long time up until a few months ago I had forgotten that all thoughts manifest in your life. This remembering of that lesson has brought me health and happiness. It has brought peace where there was rage and joy where there was worry and anxiety. 
Today I sat and showed my little witch a love meditation. It sounds simple, even trite but just sitting loving those you love and accepting the love in return is harder than most people think. We tend to attach conditions for love and worth both ways so the simple and uncomplicated act of loving becomes something fraught with anxiety. I re-learnt by loving my dog. I love my dog. She love me. Nothing complicated. Nothing else.Once I managed that I just allowed my love to radiate out to my husband and daughter and receive it back. Noe I understand that this might not be pagan enough or "Celtic" enough for some people. 
I don't really care. It is an authentic practice that allows me to see the good in the world and within myself.
As the Charge of the Goddess tends to say
"For my law is love unto all things."
After my meditation I cleansed my space with hand-blended incense. I lit my candles and honored my Goddesses and Gods. Then I honored the fey. I felt their blessing all around me the last few days. I think they liked the gifts from Mabon.
I have some rose hips to cut and clean today so I imagine they will be around, peeping over my shoulder.
How I know the fey well, but those that don't tend to think them a bit naff, or cute or super sweet. While some of them might be some of the time I tend to think of them as either children with ADHD and a bottle of sugary soda and some skittles, or drunk old people. They are very emotional, prone to violent outburst and with a deep sense of vengeance and manners (or RIGHTness.) That said they are wise and respectful. Kind and generous.
Daily practice is about understand that the whole world is made of magick and wonder. That you need a clear heart and head to see that. That love is a wonder.
Now for some more tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment