Wednesday 25 September 2013

TRANSITION AND GRIEF.

Even before my daily practice of fire meditation today death had brushed her fingers over my day. My friends cat died yesterday from poisoning and this morning I woke to find one of my friends had lost a loved one in the night. 
My daily practice of prayer and focus was about joy and gratitude today, when my phone rang and it was my mother. The rush and tumble of her words made sense when she got to the point. A family friend had been diagnosed with three terminal brain tumor and only has a couple of months to live.
I know that death is not an end but a doorway. This doesn't mean I do not feel or appreciate grief. I just do not need to live within it bubble anymore. 

Warm Breath

In living in remembering they live
In Shades and in half reflected light
The smell of hair: the warmth of breath
In living we are not utterly bereft.

In living and in knowing
They live.
In the hazy warm of between
Gentle sleep and rude awake
We brave the day for their sweet sake.

Watching those who dare not speak
Press their grief and in darkness keep
To snuff out any warmth at all
Hot and burning tears might seep
Prize forgetting most of all.

I shall not ever shy away
From the warm memories, dreams that play
That turn to frozen dust in day
For in remembering they live.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment