Monday 23 September 2013

RIVER GIFTS.
So last night at sunset me and mine (including the dog) walked to the river with our gathered apples that we had used as altar decorations for Mabon. We wrote out our wishes and placed them back together with masking tape (biodegradable).
The evening was lovely. Warmer than expected and wish a soft quiet to it that in this most urban of cities was a wash of relief. The sky was baby blue with streaks of vivid pink clouds. We found a huge glut of rosehips that I figured I could make into something soon. At the bridge, we threw each apple and as each one hit the water they burst open.We gave the same offering of baked goods to the river Goddess too. As we walked back we found a lot of apple trees. Some tasting better than others and collected a few, some to plant, some to make into apple butter. The day was turning to night as we walked home and I saw a shooting star on the deeper blue edge of the sky.
It was a magickal.
I even had a small tot of the blackberry bourbon over ice as I relaxed with TK after little witch had gone to bed.
I woke to find some one had be a bit rude on g+ in places as to my Celticness...rather than make me cross or upset it has only brought me to a strong sensation of homesickness. So I am listening to Welsh music and looking at pictures of home.
I would probably visit the land of my fathers and mothers if my mother didn't live there. Still maybe we can move back while TK does his degree. Some of his best course are at Bangor.
If today is not a gathering day, it may be a baking day.
Still I hold my cup to river water collected last year at midsummer and call on the sacred cauldron of Cerridwen, that is Anwen to transform me from a state of longing, to a place of peace and surrender.
She is the Mother who knows.
Mae'r galon yn gwybod drws.



3 comments:

  1. Wishing you many happy years of blogging Lucy and take absolutely no notice of the begrudgers,who are only showing their ignorance anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! May the blessings of the goddess always be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! May the blessings of the goddess always be with you.

    ReplyDelete