Friday 15 May 2015

Doing the Impossible

People who do 
IMPOSSIBLE 
things have doubts and bad days. 
They just keep going 
ANY WAY.

I watched an film last night and had my socks blown off. I have seen good and bad films a plenty but this story made embrace the above. Sometimes as someone who thinks mindfully and feels deeply sometimes my "mother's" negative voice creeps in and I feel overwhelmed and ashamed that I think and feel that I want to give up, lie down and cry. Yet I see now that every one, every single person feels like that sometimes. The difference is that some people stay there awash with grief and doubt. What makes me strong is not that I don't feel these things or think these thoughts but that I stop, and I get up. I get up and care for those that need it, keep my own mental training tight, embrace the good and beauty.

There are times when you absolutely need to sit down, rest, cry. 
Morn for those who are lost, even, especially if it ourselves. 
You will get lost. 
You will meet friends in unlikely places. 
You are going to puzzle, confuse, piss off people along the way. 
You may lose those you love. 
You might find love. 
There will be ghosts and shadows, mirages in the heat of day. 
Your fears made manifest.
Just get up. 
Get up and look after those who need you. 
Get up and keep going. 
Not for anyone else. 
For you. 
It doesn't matter how old you are.
 Or how young. 
It doesn't matter what prejudice there is.
Keep going.
Get up. 
You can make it.
You can do it.
You can reach your dream.



visit out shop on etsy Lucy Drake & Co.

Bright Blessings xxx

(The film was Tracks by the way, I am so buying the book).

No comments:

Post a Comment