Thursday 7 May 2015

Voting

Voting


After picking up some supplies both TK and I went to vote.
Last time around I felt I needed to vote tactically to stop some scarier member of the population getting more power. I got a Government that has cause so much harm and death to so many people (especially disabled and poor people). (Early estimates it could be 100,000 people have died as a direct result of sanctions and delays in getting money to the most needy). This time I voted with my spirit and heart.
I have no idea if I made a difference, but it felt important to do, and to show Witchling too. Voting is a powerful force for change, and all rights have had to been hard fought for, from the Chartists to Suffragettes, to Aneurian Bevan. These people didn't knock politely, they paid in blood for the rights that this Government and many others would like to tell you are not really yours, or unimportant.
While I am Welsh and from a small mining community I can not just blanket vote for the Labour Party. Tony "War Criminal" Blair destroyed my faith in that party, breaking all promises, eroding everything the party stood for, and demolishing the right to education in this country.
Ed Milliband is alright, I suppose. He might be a better at running the place than many others. I do want someone who can actually get the job done rather than just break the country into bits to sell to my friends and family like Cameron.
If I was voting tactically I might vote Labour. Yet this time hand on heart I went Green. 
Not only because they seem to care. Not only because they have a lot of women in the party (noticeable by their absence in the others). They seem to offer hope instead of fear. Hope that we can help the world be a better, fair place.
Hope that things can be better if we work together.
Hope.
If you can, and you live somewhere you get a vote, use it. Have hope.

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment