Monday 18 May 2015

Supernatural Nature.

Supernatural Nature.




Do I worship nature, or do I worship something underneath nature, something Divine and deeper?
Is my weather magick, my ability to hear earthquakes before they happen, or my ability to heal plants, animals and people something "supernatural"? Or worse something "fake" or some kind of madness?
If this world is made up of simply the bones of which most people can see, touch and explain (through some sciences) and nothing else then I must either be worshiping dirt, or the idea of Sacred Earth. Yet they are not separate they are part of the same world of Divine Beingness.
I maintain that there is no supernatural, just a nature that most folks can not see or tap into. A ghost to me is no more inherently "supernatural" than water becoming clouds. It is a natural process.
As to the awareness of the world, like trees for example in my long history of being taught and working with them, trees like to listen, they also like to be heard. An oak tree might seem to someone who is ignorant or blind to the energies and spirits of the world to be unmoved by chants or by violent music, this is scientifically and spiritually not true. The grand old oak is alive and has more senses, different senses than the mundane human ones. They communicate, whispers to each other help each other grow, or not. Their whispers are silent to most folks but they are real and they are there. Trees give off gases, release nutrients and chemicals in their roots. This is tree language. While in spirit they make an effort to speak through thoughts and words.
It is arrogance and saddening folly to believe you know everything about everything.
The whole world and all the worlds within it are, for me like a book. Some people can see only the front cover. Some only a single page. For me I can leaf through pages, not all of them, not the whole book, but enough, enough to see and read that there is more. More than I could ever read but I try.
To say one page or another is the whole is absurd as say the cover is the whole. It is One book (or who knows) with different pages, chapters, languages, stories and voices.
Every thing from ants to whales, mer-folk and selkie, angels and cosmic snakes are natural. Some are just on other pages than most people can read these days. My magick is to draw words from one place in the book to the page I am on. Sometimes those beasts in the margins of gold and blue help me. They want to be seen, they want to do.
Magick has never been weird or "supernatural" to me. All of my thoughts, feelings and actions have power in them. People can and do have a huge impact in the natural world, mostly in the negative. I can not balance out all of humanity but I do what I can.
It helps to be able feel the pain of a tree, or even of a place. Healing that tree, that river, that home helps. This Patriarchal dichotomy of thinking of supernatral/natural, light/dark, good/evil, is not only wrong but harmful. For things that are not "natural" or"light" must therefore be "supernatural" and "dark". This allows the punishing, removal, repression and pollution of things that do not sit in the category. Which is harmful to the whole.


If there is need for rain, you could prayer for it. You could do magick. Reach out with your senses and song and draw the clouds and moisture, the ghosts of water to where you are. Or you can understand why the clouds and weather are different than they need to be. You can hear the ground crying out in pain. The rivers choking and dying. You can believe that this place of magick and wonder and beauty is a huge metaphor for God/ddess or you can see it IS Divine. It is Holy. It is a book of songs or poems to forces we are still ignorant of as an ant is to you.
My Goddess is not "dark" and "evil" because your belief is "light" and "good". My Gods and Goddesses are the oceans, the rivers and the sky. The fire in the hearth and the stars. They are the stars. Ancients, born, living ages and dying in explosions of light.
Some people have asked me why the dead, the fae and the spirits and God/dess speak to me.
I listen. I respect and do not have to believe, because in the same way as I believe in butterflies, I've seen them. Light as air, fragile but beautiful. Connected and different.

  Bright Blessings xxx

As always you can buy my book The Key Opening the Doorway to Magickal Practice here and visit out shop that makes handmade artisan magickal goods Lucy Drake & Co on Etsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment