Monday 4 November 2013

Long weekend.

Long weekend.

Thursday: Woke with a headache and the most awful pain in my neck and shoulder. I was really stressing out about everything. (The house wasn't up to my usual standards, I couldn't bend or move properly) However I had a quiet word with myself and calmed down. I accepted where I was and that I would need help to go to Macclesfield and do the evening of readings. I managed to get TK and mini witch ready really quickly and we headed off to the train station. It was a wonderful evening and I felt privileged and humbled to meet such wonderful people. The atmosphere was good and the food was sublime. A little before 9pm (carefully down the big cobbled hill) we went to get the train home. Me and mini witch shared my cloak but it was still very cold.
Friday: I awoke tired but not too drained (as can sometimes happen) and went shopping for the last few things for my party. Managed this with the minimum of fuss and TK set to work doing dishes (okay he was supposed have done it the day before but at this point I was beyond caring) and the miracle of it all blossomed into it all looking great.


I am hoping I can upload some pictures in a bit. Oddly the fact that everyone was late was a boon as I was able to finish my beautiful pumpkins! A good night was had by all and we all ate and drank a lot of the yummy Mexican inspired food.



Saturday: I felt quite rough and my kidney's we hurting to I tried to drink a lot of water. I made myself sweetcorn soup for breakfast from the left over tamale filling. Our out of town guests who stayed  in a hotel on the Friday night turned up as I was eating it. We hung out for a bit and then went up into town to eat Slovakian food in a little place called Langosh (after the street food). It was wonderful if a bit busy. We then strolled down to the museum and looked at the Staffordshire Horde.
We nipped across to the supermarket to grab some stuff to turn the left overs into a meal to feed us all. A and I chatted about crafts (crotchet, box weaving and weaving) and everyone else played Munckin.
After dinner A and I talked at length about some of where she is at about work and her relationship with her mother and so on. It was a healing conversational dynamic and they agreed to sleep on the sofa bed and go home Sunday.
Sunday: By the time I had come downstairs A and S had tidied everything away and were making tea. Again we all hung out and chatted until lunch time, when A and S started the long drive home. Mini witch and I had the soup I had made the day before for lunch with cheese filled tortillas. At about this point I was ready for a nap but we need to get on the 3.30pm train! So we packed a flask of tea and the picnic blanket and some snacky food and headed out. By the time we hit Tutbury we were rather excited. It seemed a bit tackier than the time we visited two years ago with a cheap funfair in one of the car parks and the Viking men (the women were pretty good) were a poor show. The PA system was crappy and we could hardly hear what was going on. The longboat "funeral" was again not a patch on the one we had seen before and sitting against the ancient castle wall on the ground I wondered if the fireworks were going to be as dud.










IT WASN'T. The fireworks to classical music were AMAZING. It was beautiful well timed and even the annoying child crying for "mummydaddy" at his Grandmother down my ear was drowned out by the glittering spectacle of it all. Stars shot and shimmered. Blossoms of red and blue took over the whole of the sky. The final firework was like some Gandalf himself would have made. A giant golden weeping willow made of shimmering falling stars. Then we wandered down the hill listening to a barn owl hooting and watched TK get fuss-mugged by a cat! 
Monday: Feeling full of a head cold but happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment