Thursday 14 November 2013

The Dance: Ritual Magick.

The Dance: Ritual Magick.

 "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." ~ Rose Luxemburg


When someone is performing well on any given stage the energy they radiate it known as dilation. This expanded self is extremely powerful. The "thinking" part of the self is stilled and the energy of the piece and this process create something. It is touched by "otherness"  or their higher self.
This is how I learned. This is why enchanting (ritual singing), playing music or drums, and dancing is so important to my practice and what I teach. I pray with my whole being.
This dilation is not based on the physical perfection of the performer but something else. In my late teens I worked for a little while with a sign dance theatre. It was an amazing experience. I still know most of the deaf joke I was taught. For the deaf dancers the form of their body and the vibrations all around them where echoed and expressed. The whole body speaks, or sings but also hears and listens. The understanding of energy flow within a given space this taught me I have spent years trying (with varying degrees of success) to translate to others.
I do not know if it is "Englishness" or not, but there is a certain stiffness, a shyness, a reluctance to get up and move with certain pagans I have known. Women find it a bit easier than men, but they tend to only feel comfortable dancing "sexy". It is a start!
So today I will spend sometime praying with my feet.   

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish that I could see you, to watch you dance and move and pray with your feet. Today I am going to try and clear my mind and meditate. I believe once I can clear out the intrusive negative thoughts that run thru my head then I will be creating a start! Have a Great Day Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have thought about putting up a youtube vlog doing what I do...so maybe you will! I am glad you clearing your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love too here drums and musics as I meditate.

    ReplyDelete