Thursday 13 March 2014

Talking about me.


I am not the biggest fan of talking about myself. I hate C.V's and the like and worked based bios make me squirm in very uncomfortable way. I believe I call it crawling up my own arsehole. So the fact that I sat down, bit the bullet and wrote about me, all be it in the third person was a big achievement. To sweeten the medicine I asked students and friends to post comments about me. It was beautiful.
 So here is my new bio with some quotes from real people.



Lucy Drake is a psychic medium, witch, teacher and writer. She has been studying and teaching her Craft for over 20 years. She grew up in rural Wales and has always had a deep spiritual connection to nature, animals and magick. Her chaotic and unusual childhood was often brutal but it gave her great compassion and many skills beyond her years. Lucy has always done magick and tried to match her “knowing” with books. From a Welsh family with Irish roots Lucy has many creative talents, from painting, poetry, dance and music, none of which were especially note worthy in a very artist house hold. She started to meditate at the age of 9, reading cards at 14, and healing at 16. At 18 she began working with local mediums in small circles and learned how to control her gifts.
Lucy has done private readings, psychic  fairs, house clearing s, healings (of all kinds) weddings (handfastings), blessings and charms, as well as ritual Craft since 2000. She has run workshops of Inner Goddess work, healing with crystals and divination. She has run 2 covens and had many students and teachers. While her pagan Craft has very strong Gardnerian roots she has explored many other paths, especially Celtic Craft and working with Fae as she did as a child.
Last year Lucy started work on her first book which she is working at getting self published. 
The Key: Opening the doorway to Magickal Practice, is a book compiling many years of teaching practice to give people a tool kit for magick pagan practice. The Key, is a magickal manual to unlocking your own potential. It is practical, insightful and allows the student of any level to look at their path with new eyes. There are assignments, poems, prayers, mediations of many kinds with a support and warmth that a seasoned teacher gives. Regardless of your place under the pagan umbrella there is something within this book can teach you. It treats the student holistically to allow greater balance with both ritual and non ritual magickal life.
What others have said about Lucy Drake.

“The author of this took my casual curiosity and helped educate and guide me through my first steps into this wide world, personal strife and day to day nonsense. As a teacher and a friend I cannot thank her enough. A worthwhile investment for anyone hoping to take their first steps or push the craft.” Rosie-

“As a close personal friend of Lucy, I can vouch for this woman's amazing skills and gifts! I started my journey with her 6 years ago when she came to my shop to do a reading for me. That reading turned into an entire day of laughter and joy that quickly turned into a best friendship and sisterhood. She is a wonderful friend, mother, wife, sister and WITCH!” B-

“[Lucy is].. loving, fun, have a wicked sense of humour, super intelligent, generous, random acts of kindness, have a great way of teaching people things and helping them to figure things out for themselves..” Emily-


“This lady has a magik heart and magikal hands! If you want to know about magik. Real, practical, from the heart and from the head, Lucy is the person you go and see. Unless, of course, you just turned round and she was there already, because you needed her, because she knows. This lady doesn't just excell in her craft, she can help you to do the same. Nuts and bolts, wonderment, traditional craft or 'fly by on the seat of your pants' spur of the moment stuff. Lucy… does it all and she does it magnificently.” Angie-

Lucy is an amazingly compassionate and caring person, clever and knowledgeable. l know there is a lot l can learn from Lucy and l know it will be at the very least a lot of fun.” David-

2 comments:

  1. I wish every kid who shows signs of their awakenings could be nurtured without ridicule or skepticism. My daughter is an Indigo, and I knew she had special abilities like myself, but it wasn't until a consult or two with a medium that we both started experiencing more. It took a while to get things under control, but now we have both found a good place to be in in regards to our gifts and our spirituality. Thanks for being brave enough to post this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am so touched by someone so alike to me with the same sort of skills as me. I am a crystal child but I can be visited in dreams. In the area of witchcraft, I am a white witch. Personally, I believe that magick has no color, it is just a term for magick used with a pure intention. I also have a connection with the earth animals and magick. Thanks for sharing this. It makes me realize that there are people just like me.

    ReplyDelete