Tuesday 7 October 2014

How to plan a Ritual

How to plan a Ritual 

Some people spend months planning rituals. I can either just plan and plan and write and re-write, or just have the bare bones in my head and know that it will "come to me" when the time comes.
Most of the time it does.
After a few sleepless/crap sleep nights I zonked myself out last night and still feel kind of crappy today. Any way I had some amazing dreams/visions so going with it. This is how I write a rite!

So first there needs to be tea.
No caffeine, no ritual, and pretty little anything else. 


Next comes the anxiety.
Who will turn up? How many people will I be working with? Will they all get along? Should I bake? How crazy should I clean?



Reality check.
This is where I take a deep breath and plan for the people I can guarantee being there. Do as much as I can and let go of the worry. It will be how it is meant to be. I am enough.


Bare bones.
Cast circle, call corners, evoke Lord and Lady. Right. Hunter's Moon, time of the dark morris. The Veil is very thin...more journey work. Let the Ghost stag guide you through the moon light...okay!


Stuff
What things will I need? What incense? I think I have some of the journey's one left. Food, should I get some venison as a sacred meal for post journey? Maybe some bread instead of sweet cake? What to put in the cup? Flowers on the altar? Herbs? 



OH an idea!
Should cast oak into a the cauldron. Should I have something burning in there, or be full of water?
"I honour the Hunter..something something...the meat and the bone....something...I honour the wild, the forest and stone. Oh me likey. Okay.



Stuff again.
So other than food I have everything else in. Maybe get some oak leaves? Some fresh herbs and flowers? Should I get them from the garden? Will it stop raining? 

The Final Bit
Okay so now I know what I am doing, what should I get the other's to do? Drumming? Incense? Fire?Okay I will talk it through with TK and I think that is it done!

Bright blessings. Enjoy the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment