Tuesday 21 October 2014

The Storm

The Storm


Well the storm hit. That "something is coming" feeling was the death of my father-in-law yesterday morning. It was a long and weird day for all of us here. Yet there was a relief too. He has been sick for so long, dwelling in a place of neither living nor dying for years. This was his choice much as we tried so hard pull him into living, letting him go feels the right thing to do.
My daughter saw her first dead body. Though he looked peaceful, like he had fallen asleep without the snoring.
I cried, not at first. A silly thing on BuzzFeed set me off.
TK is doing well with it. Lots of deflection though. He is in fixing things mode. Yet we slept well for the first time in ages.
The rain that woke me about 6 am was not the storm I was expecting and I didn't mind it at all.
I have all this energy I want to do something with but I am hanging back and not cleaning like a crazy person, not organizing a hundred different things. I am just dwelling in my moment.
I sat and meditated about an hour last night. I burned a lot of citrus oils (I will keep that up for a week I think, good to let go of things.)
Here comes the rain again lashing against the window.

Lay in Rest

Goodnight, goodbye my friend
I pray you lay in rest.
Lay in happiness and peace
Lay in the light of your love
Let those who nourished your being
Liberate you in peaceful death
For all time, undoing all sorrows.
Goodnight, goodbye my friend
I pray you lay in rest
Lay in hush and comfort
Lay in the gentle dream of tranquility
Let those who sustained you in life
Liberate you in unity

For all time, lay in true rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment