Friday 17 October 2014

The Rain

The Rain

"Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life." John Updike


Well it has been a wet and windy week. The slim sunshine fooled me into hoping I could get into the garden and cut back. We have been, as they say, under the weather this week in Witch Central too. TK; who gives healthy as a horse a run for it's money as the saying goes, had to drag himself to bed and stayed there for a full day. Headaches, nausia, dizzy spells, (unpleasant expulsions from the body). 
Poor Mini-witch has done bugger all school work this week but has had to endure looking after TK and myself instead! Still I don't think she has minded too much as when have been resting she has been deep in Middle earth.
Oh sunshine how you mock me. It has just broken through for a moment, but will it stay long enough to get on my boots, open the shed, find the extension cable, argue my caperbility with TK (I have nearly got this far three times this week) either TK won, or it rained.
Nope the sunshine was a fleeting moment of yellow crystalized joy, now gone.
I don't usually mind the mist and rain, I normally enjoy it. Yet my bones seem to ache. I feel the cold. (I never felt the cold). 
No, I don't know if it is the rain. Maybe it is the rocking my sore swollen belly as though in labour last night, but something is coming. Something like a storm. Something is coming.
Maybe the tatty nature of my front hedge is the least of what I should be worried about. Who knows.
I am not in a dark mood though. I feel rather up beat. Cleansed if you will.
If I asked my spirit guides what would they say? Something irriatingly crypt? 
Yup.
"Listen to the silence."
Thanks for that!
Daring myself to eat. I know I should I just want to delay that usual sensory pleasure. I have that taste in my mouth, like tin maybe.
Even my tea (Assam) was bloody awful this morning...
Time to ring the bells then. The singing bowls. The white candles. Burn the copal and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment