Thursday 9 April 2015

To workshop?

To workshop?

So...
               Do I run some workshops based on The Key? I have been quiet because I have been either writing handfastings (aw lovely) or off my face on cocodamol in bed with pain in my knee.
I am much better now due to rest and some amazing healing from my friend Lucy.
Anyway the subject of running a "school" or course that follows my book came up over the weekend and it has been rattling around my brain like a pea in a bucket. That and weird dreams about fishing (never fished in my life).
I have run workshops before. I have found them rather fun but struggled to find reliable venues (in my area).
I figured before I did a "whole course" that maybe a series of workshops would ease me in gently.
I wrote about teachers quite passionately in a pagan studies group who felt that pagan teachers should not earn money from teaching and I got really cross.
In so doing all my arguments against evaporated, because I am seasoned teacher. I know what I am doing. Being paid to share that is not wrong or beneath me, or creepy. Like for like (bartering with students) is wonderful in theory but most don't even wash their own coffee cup. In the modern age, a lot of people only respect money. 
The question then becomes, do I do them on-line, a mix of mediums, where, when, and the dreaded...how much? 
A lot of that will come down to the number of people interested of course. The cost of travel and venue prices.
In my mind I already have 3 days worth of workshops (do I run them back to back or separately) Focusing on Mind, the Body and Spirit. Rather than splitting the groups into Novice, Acolyte and Priest/ess and teaching them separately I thought it would be cool to mix them as groups to give some nice cross pollination of experience in each group.

Well I am off to gently (super gently) putter about in the garden while TK cuts runes and sands wands and Witchling plants my pumpkins. 

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment