Wednesday 1 April 2015

Weddings!

Weddings!
I am supposed to be resting after some vigorous martial arts last night, but I am writing, not one, but two weddings! It is always a joy to be part of someone's big day.
Both parties are already legally married and older and are head over heels in love. That is the best. I won't do handfasting with folks taking it to the dark place.
I have lost friends for a time when I have refused to handfast when I knew violence was already in the relationship. (Yet when it ended they saw I was right not to tie them together) and the friendship continues and grows.
It is still a challenge but it is a good one, and I think being more mature helps. That doesn't always have anything to do with age mind you.
I am lucky enough to have many old handfastings around to draw on, especially one my teacher performed. Nothing quite like old books, from Books of Shadows and old notes, as well as years of research.
So today I will remember fondly, maybe rub the odd tear from my face as I sit and write surrounded by books on my bed.

For love is peace, as well as passion. It is faith and surrender to something greater than ourselves. It is the joining of people and families. Love is sacred and Divine.

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment