Saturday 12 October 2013

Books that I love/recommend.


The Book of the Hand by Fred Gettings

Rune Magic by Keith Morgan
Dictionary of Fairies Katharine Briggs
Entering the Circle by Olga Kharitidi
Women who run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
A witches Bible by Janet and Stewart Farrar
Be a Goddess by Francesca de Grandis
The Wise Wound by Penelope Shuttle and Peter Redgrove
The Golden Bough by James George Frazer 
 Voices of the Goddess: a chorus of Sibyls by Caitlyn Matthews
Breaking Open the Head by Daniel Pinchbeck.
The White Goddess by Robert Graves.
An Autobiography of a Witch by Louis Bourne
There are many more, of course. Books that became teachers, friends and guides, by people who saw the world with either a shadow of my own sight, or were chocked full of imformation that I seemed to be able to instictualy distill. Now I am old school. I like paper books. I love their smell, old and new. I love the way pages fall open exactly where and when I need them too.
I love these books in particular because years after you have read them they suddenly show you something, something you were not looking for; something magick.
My little book, I would love one day for it to be someones friend, guide and teacher. In a dark red hardback cover with a picture of a key on it; written by Lucy Drake.... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment