Saturday 26 October 2013

Scariest things that go bump in the Night.

Scariest things that go bump in the Night.

 Now I know I am a witch, psychic and medium so maybe I am bias, but if somebody/something was stupid enough to "attack" me when I was sleeping like they do in horror films it would change very quickly from Paranormal Activity to Carrie. Now I don't know if this makes me brave, well trained or just really grumpy if I get disturbed when sleeping. The closest I ever came to this I ever came was while I was staying at my Dad's house when I was 17. Rather than grab me (or talk) they keep ripping the bed covers off in one swift motion waking me up. Then nothing happened.
On the third morning (at the tender age of 17) I gave the room a stiff (yelled at them a lot actually) talking to and told them to show themselves or bugger off.Which he did by walking behind me in such a physical fashion I thought it was my Dad.
That was the end of it. No more sleepless nights. Nothing. No priest, banishing oil or fire required, just a very angry redhead. 
Nothing else happened.
Now in theory this is because while people look like ghosts to dead people, I don't. While other people can not punch them in their spirit form, I can.
Not that I often do. Dead and unseen forces very rarely want to harm the living. Love, forgiveness and kindness are more a part of my ghost busting kit than anything else. 
While we forget that our thoughts become things and our fears distort something like a lost little boy, who didn't want to move into the light because he was "the man of the house now" into a demon terrorizing us, and all it took was some kindness and love to show him the way.
While it can be "fun" to tell each other ghost stories at this time of year, remember that they were people once too.
While I do maintain the idea that the witch should be the scariest thing in the forest, it is not because we are dark, or evil, but because we know. We know what is made by human hearts and minds, and what is not. We know that anger is pain and how to help heal it. We know the way through the Veil and do not fear death or life and respect both in equal measure.
If you have stared into the abyss of suffering and can still dance, and laugh and live, then what is the "dark" Lovecraft like imaginings given form. These man-made (and woman-made) "demons" are usually injured parts of the self, normally from deep soulful trauma. In giving them a kind of face or personality they have something to fight against so they do not remember being vulnerable, or "weak". The bigger and scarier the demon, the bigger the truama and the stronger the desire to erase it.
It can have a very physical presence and look like anything that the person feared or was disgusted by. Yet these manifestation are very real. Where attention flows, energy goes. This is why self reflection and compassion are vital. The spot where a man hung himself after years of mental illness had a being such as this. Yet all it needed was healing and love, underneath was an injured child, part of a person that was rejected entirely to be "strong" was not only his weakness, but ultimately cost him, his life.
So this Halloween season, don't be afraid. Face your demons with tenderness and compassion. Grieve for those parts of yourself and know you can heal. You can be happy. You do get to choose. Light a candle for those who are feeding their "demons" and never open doors you can not close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment