Wednesday 9 October 2013

So Typing one handed...
I had the beginnings of a blog about magickal names vaguely in my mind after a g+ post last night...
Now in the morning kitten is keeping me typing one handed and I forget some of the finer more salient points.
Names have power. They have an energy all of their own, and a magickal name is important. It is a statement. An expression and a wish.  
Well for me I always about keeping it simple, and expressing something pure about ME. I never use it online and keep it quiet with people I don't know really, really well.
I prefer to keep it as simple as a tree, river, flower, place that is totally important and expresses who you are as a spiritual person. You can have it in English or a language that you are drawn to; though if it is not of your path (ie a first nations name when you are mostly Irish is a bit weird but can sometimes work) it might work against you.
It should speak of where you are, and where you hope to be and can change of the years as you grow.
I have known people choose the weirdest names in languages they do not speak and find it hard to pronounce. It for me was lacking, and lacking a sincere, authentic quality.
Yet some people are "Pixie" or "Troll" more Jeff or Ellie; while the wood of Willows only one or two really seem...willowy?
I also dislike the thing of collecting names often like children putting on jewelry, more is not always best.

2 comments:

  1. What do you think about people using names of Gods/Goddesses? I'm on the fence whilst my husband is highly against this practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having it as to be down to the person. Calling your self Kali or Cerridwen is a BIG assumption and cheeky. Though certain practices especially heathens tend to add their major Gods to another name like Odinskgill and so on, is both part of their tradition and respectful.

    ReplyDelete