Sunday 13 October 2013

Morning Meditation

Attempting to Meditate.

 So this space is where I want to put words and ideas for myself and the consumption of others, except what with lack of sleep and being all snotty and so on I am finding myself sliding into crabby, grumpy, snappy and impatient.

I don't want to be that way. I might have used to say the Crone is rising for her winter rule, but that is just bullshit to excuse my own negative thoughts, feelings and behaviour. I mean I could be asleep right now, like everyone else, but I am awake and feeling pissed off. Pissed off I am awake. Pissed off it is 9.30am and I am the only one awake. So I need to cleanse this out. Smoke it out (incense) and laugh at it, at myself and how easily a little stress that I chose, me, mine, my choice to go get the kitten. My choice to raise it then give it to someone who had the perfect home for him.
 I see the corridor before me. I see the doorway streaming with light and walk around HER garden. I step through  a shimmering curtain of water and I am greeted by A and I greet her in turn, warmly with much affection.
My lovely daughter comes down stairs making me jolt out of this place. She gets her coat and quietly chats to me as she readies the dog for her morning walk. Crabbiness seeps back in. She left the door open (again). I grab another blanket.
Okay where was I.... see the light, see the doorway,  step through, I get as far again and my daughter returns again. The wet dog jumps me. I laugh. Okay the light, the water flowing over me...washing me, cleansing me. Today in the garden a big piles of marigold flowers and pearls that I run through my fingers. A talks to me she says
"You are light."
I look down and at my solar plexus is the center of a galaxy. I fix on that image a while, placing it within my body.
Daughter, breakfast talking, jarred, I snap. I let the irritation go.
I chat a moment.
Right where was I, oh yeah. The light, the door, the garden, the flowers and pearls, I am light, I am a solar system, I shine.
I leave the garden, I walk through the water, I come back to myself.
Okay. Breakfast. I laugh. Tea is now required.

2 comments: