Wednesday 30 October 2013

Fae ritual.

Fae Ritual Journeying.

I was a bit rubbish yesterday in that got sucked into other projects (like written with a nib and ink in my BIG book of Shadows) instead of preparing for the ritual I knew I was going to do. Now I gave TK the choice of being their doing (magickal) study or being elsewhere and he decided to study. So after dinner and putting the mini witch to be I eventual got started on things like making the incense and preparing my ritual candles.
I used two candles as ritual items. One white and one blue. 
The white candle was dress with my fae lend oil and inscribed with the following.
"Carry me safely home and back again.
My Mother gently guide me to you.
All my seven sisters aid me on my journey."
Then did the blue on (which I will leave private).
Now to make the incense (thank goodness for the coffee grinder Gina gave me).
I took these herbs: apple leaf and wood, rosemary, gorse, willow leaf and honeysuckle flower and gum arabic. Once ground (which took a while) I placed the herbs in a ramekin and added the fae oils.
I got my altar and it's tools set up already, I had my wand and athame and scourge (it is made of elder wood). I filled a pint glass with water and got my twisted root candle holder onto the altar. (This was a gift from my initiator CW and without TK ritual tools I had space on the altar.) Anyway it was getting pretty late so rather than bake something I used finest Scottish shortbread as my food offering  for libation, I retrieved the blackberry and boozy mush from the fridge (where it has been since Mabon) and but some of it's syrupy blood red booze into my cruach. Phew almost ready? Oh cup of (and I mean a BIG cup) of chamomile tea.
I lit the candles in the root holder and dimmed the other lights. Using one of their flames to light my charcoal. I put charcoal disk into it's old and dented censor. When it had stopped "fizzing" I add the incense a pinch at a time. I opened the window a little and got out my big besom and swept the space clean. After I shut the window and added more incense. It smelt beautiful and sweet. I took off my PJ's and took down my hair. I spoke the Witches Rune to wake up my tools and then I used my wand to cast the circle and called the quarters. I called the fae of each element too at this point and then I evoked the Lady and Lord  and welcomed them in the usual way. Then I lit my anointed candles and lay down on the floor. TK sat quietly reading. I was a bit cold so I got the white(ish) throw and lay on that. I began as I usually do by deep breathing and making myself feel light. I was very surprised by how quickly I went.

Now I was in a sunny pine forest. A large reindeer nudged me and spoke. Then a large bear appeared. I was over joyed and threw my arms around the bear and buried my face into his thick slightly grey fur. I asked if I should ride him to get home, and he made fun of me and in the next moment we were at a a castle on a cliff top looking out to sea. I reached a doorway that was smaller than me and as I ran my hand in a clockwise direction over the frame it seem to grow. In the centre of the door was a disk and I twisted it again with the palm of my right hand and the giant doors opened inwards. Inside was the great hall. Set with tables laid with food and fire burning brightly at the centre. It was totally empty at this point. Behind the top table is the room I need to be in and there are my sisters. All wearing veils of some kind. They are arranged around a circular smooth stone table. I take my place beside them and lay both my hands flat on the table. Markings begin to glow brightly and the table seems to move and yet not move. I can feel the connect and love from these beautiful women. Then as I turn I see the room behind me is full of people now, they are eating and dancing. I am warmly welcomed and then everything hushes as she just appears. She is older than I seem to remember and she tells me this is "just the time of year". She is wear a pale blue robe and carrying a staff that she tells me is holly, it is as white as her long thick hair. She ushers me to "my room" and tells me "the bed is now of ivy rather than honeysuckle."
I lie down and she turn me on my side and then notice my sisters are there too. She heals me. We talk and laugh at length. It is very moving and full of love and warmth. When she is done she tells me to dance. As we reenter the great hall I do dance. I am embraced by many and we laugh. Suddenly I am aware I will have to leave and she just looks at me softly and say "I will take you back." There is a blinding light and she is standing over my body in the ritual circle. She tells me to "bathe in holly, and place a sprig in your broom." Then she bless the house and it seems to me a flash of light that could reach out into space erupts. Then she is gone. 
I am on the floor and my hair is wet from the tears that have cried. I sit up and pat myself down. I drink some water and wake TK and ask him to fetch me some holly leaves from the garden. He is not particularly impressed but he goes out and wrestles with the spiky bush. He grabs about a hand full and a sprig that fits nicely on my broom. I place the leaves in my herb decoction pan and bring it to a rolling boil. I discover that cooking holly leaves smell great (I even dipped my finger in to taste and it wasn't so bad). While it cools on the stove I add more incense to the burning which is still in, just. Then TK and I bless the cup and the offerings. Then I thanked and released everything and everyone. I didn't stripe the altar properly and take off my tools but I did take the jug of strained holly water and run a bath. I put a lot of rock salt in it too (nothing fancy just salt) and blessed the bathroom. I got in the bath and once in I poured the holly water over my head, face, shoulder and back. Once it was all gone I submerged myself in the water and just floated a while (it is a small tub so I can not usually do this). I lay there replaying in my head all that was said to me and by whom. I held onto the images over and over. Then I washed my hair and rinsed off. I felt a bit bad for drying my hair so late but I noticed a chill had come over the house. It was cold, really cold. I got into bed finding TK already there reading still (it was coming up close to 1am by this point). I re-played the journey in my head again and again, holding onto the love, support and healing I received. At about 6am I woke up, really really cold. I got out of bed and tried to find warmer PJ's to wear (in the dark trying not to wake TK who was blissfully asleep) I lay there shivering for a bit but slowly got warmer and warm enough to sleep an hour or so later.
I feel so good in some ways (even though the house feels really cold to everyone not just me today) my back and shoulder feel much improved and I feel calmer and more focused.
I had not planned on sharing my journey with you but it seems to have just poured out. The faeries in my house are very active today (when I told mini witch she moaned "MORE active? I can't find anything as it is!") but all seem quieter now.
So that was my journey. Put holly in your brooms, salt in your bath and go home as often as you can.
 I do not own these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment