Thursday 15 January 2015

Second edition!

Second Edition

Or Adventures in self publishing

The new art work (done by myself after the other artist who didn't submit the work by the deadline) is almost done.
I enjoyed this artist work and some of the images that were sent are amazing BUT I chose continuity over creative style. This kinds of calls are hard to make. I try not to chew myself up over it (or my own art) and just rip the bandage off.
This has ment that in the on the darkest cloud covered days I have had to sit almost in a window to work on images for the book. I have drawn all the ones I want to use with a couple of exceptions.
I want them to illistrate but not push my idea of a guided meditation so I am kind of a bit stumped.
I am working on it. Just not today. Today is laundry day. I may well add a little extra salt and some herbs to the mix. I may even...clean the bathroom today!
Cleaning is simple (if never ending) where as drawing a waterfall is not!
Still almost there!
I have also had quite a few people ask to review the book on blogs and so on which is really exciting!
Writing compared to editing and publishing is for me the easiest part of the process. It is a shame that I have had to focus all this time and energy into it, but re-taking control to get more of what I wanted will mean that the NEXT book will be even better (Opening the Door).

Bright Blessings xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment