Saturday 10 January 2015

Working hard at writing?

Working hard at writing?

So after deciding that waiting for months on end with little to no results was not okay I took control of my book and had to make my own art work and diagrams. 
I have done quite a few and not all will make the book, I am mostly pleased with them.
We have spent (me and TK) slogging through working with Microsoft word to format the book. Why Microsoft you ask? Isn't it so slow, difficult and annoying? Yes it is. But it is the only document type the Amazon website thingy will work with. So last time I wrote it in open office and then had the frikkin nightmare of watching it distort to hell and back (change words it didn't recognise some I didn't catch) as it was "converted" to Microsoft.
It moves pages without asking and is basically a word document possessed. HOWEVER, I am a witch, and I don't scare easily.
So this time rather than start in one word and watch it distort I had to.....write in word. 
It is a challenge to my patience, even working with TK. A simple word correction can cause "lag" in the document of something like 5 seconds.
After an hour of that, it feels like you have ran a marathon! After about two and half/ three I just can't even seem to read straight anymore. 
Now I could pay the Amazon thingy peeps to do this for me. Yet part of my brain knows they will have some simple software and at a push of a button it with just "unmicrosoft" the whole damn thing. Also it costs like £200. Not a fortune but still. 
I mean the way they deliberately make it difficult so you spend money makes me pissed off. It is an horrible thing to do. Still sometimes in the depth of my "OH MY GODS WHY IS IT DOING THAT" moments I do think "you could just pay them...." then I grit my teeth and carry on.
Still we are so damn close. I would say about 80% of the way there.
The "nearly, but not quite" is painful. 
You would think that the creative side of thins would be the hardest, but no. Write is simple.
Me, tea, laptop, sometimes the dog.
The rest of it....
Yet I have done it before and I will do it again and it will be bigger brighter and better.
I can do this. 
I will rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment