Friday 27 March 2015

Spiritual Cleaning

Spiritual Cleaning

 

Nevermind your broom, get your mop out!

(The above statement is silly because you always sweep first, but it made a good joke). Rocking my Friday night by...spiritually cleaning. This is the same as regular cleaning but with herbs, salt oils and intention.
I have two halves of myself and one is an messy artist, and one is a neat freak. Mostly the messy artist wins and then my inner neat freak wails about the mess.
I also happen to live with some really not fussed about mess people. That is not to say that witchling (I can not call her mini-witch any more she is almost as tall as me) and TK don't clean. They are quite good at it. What they are not great at is consistency. They will do it...eventually. 
When it was just me (and the psychotic cat) at home I would spend about 3 hours a day cleaning and doing laundry. I tried to impressive this ethic on my lovely family and they really looked at me like I had grown another head.
Then I got sick. Well I had been sick for a while but I sucked it up and kept going until I fell over. After a year of pretty much not being able to get out of bed while the clean freak part of me wanted to let rip and scrub all the things, the artist part of my brain was like WHOAH there lets not waste the only good energy you might have today cleaning stuff. It will still be dirty tomorrow! The whole almost dying thing underlined the point and I stopped doing anywhere near as much.
Still old habits die hard. I got witchling to salt and vacuum the floors today and I steeped some of the blend to wash the floors with. Unfortunately (or yay naps) happened (blood on the moon) and that is how I ended up scrubbing my kitchen and floor on a Friday night.
While cleaning is a never ending task it never fails to make me feel more settled and harmonious inside and in my space. It is quite medative too singing my heart out as the mop or clothe move back and fro.
My salt blend was rock and sea salt, with herbs and essential oils (the space feels better as soon as it simmers of the stove). It is an intuitive process for me what herbs go in, but the woodier they are, the earlier they go in (cloves, star anise and the like).
I may not be using a scrubbing brush on the floor boards once a week any more but I keep my wards sharp, my space clean and healthy because it is a sacred space and it deserves respect and some care.

Bright Blessings xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment