Sunday 1 March 2015

WARNING RANT #Jubilee2HateWomen #NotOneTampon

Warning Rant!


I go swimming once a week on a Sunday morning at my local council owned and run pool Jubliee2.
I can't do a lot of other exercise because of my other medical conditions make my feet, ankles and knees retain fluid.
Today I had something pretty humiliating happen.
Out of the blue (about 3 days early) I came on my period at the pool. If that wasn't bad enough, there was no tampon machine in the poolside toilet. I asked the female lifeguard if there was one somewhere else (there are more public toilets around the building). She refered me to her female superviser and I was told they don't have a tampon machine on site. #NotOneTampon.
So then I am stuck. Bleeding. Having spent money to swim and not being able to get in the pool. During this my daughter and hubby have managd a couple of laps.
At this point the temporary duty manager comes down to speak to me.
"Nothing I can do."
"I'm only filling in."
I hear these phrases about 50 times. Hubby and daughter get out of the pool. I (still in my bikini) grab a wrap from my locker and have to wait outside in the lobby as this manager gets me a refund for us swimming. There is a large queue and I am in a bikini and a wrap. Bleeding.
I am both humiliated. I am livid with anger.
How is it possiblle for there not to be ONE tampon machine in the whole building?
I am a grown woman with children and so on. I don't embaress easily. This kind of thing would happen, and probably does happen to younger girls all the time and they are too upset to mention it or undertand that they do not have anything to be sorry for.
How in a public use building,one many women work at and use can there be NO tampon machine of any kind?
As the burning sting is wearing off my desire to protest by handing out tampons is now fading but this whole thing is wrong wrong wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment