Monday 23 March 2015

Star Magick

Star Magick.


Last night I (TK was clear he wasn't helping, but he helped do it all) do a simple and beautiful out door ritual under the stars.
I made a simple copal/frankincense/lavender incense, and had my equinox/spring blend on a saucer.
I used my big brass incense burner and used two coals (I find you just need more outside).
The fire pit was simply set and the star blessings were burned over more coals.
I used a sky blue altar cloth (which could have been made for my ad hock altar).
I mixed a blessing salt mixed with ground eggshells. Which I cast around the space on the ground I knew I was going to be working on. Then a simple rug so my bare-feet would freeze less!
I was wearing my big green robes and nothing else, but some blessing oil. This was great outside I barely felt the cold but while to-ing and fro-ing taking lanterns and such I was practically melting inside!
Lit with beautiful lanterns and the bright still sky I enchanted the whole ritual (I sang it) calling on spirits and fey and Goddess alike.
Then I (well we- TK was there to help) released the written spells onto the fire pit and watched their light burn brightly and quickly turn to ash.
TK collected the ashes carefully and I gave offering to the fire (the last of my "good" lavender) and poured the spring blend onto the coals in the incense burner and blew the  smoke around my garden, singing welcome to the spring.
There was no set tune, I just opened my heart and out it all came. The smokes behaved so differently from each other. The first made a sphere of smoke around the circle and was like owl's wing. The second spiraled around the circle then was draw upwards like starlings in flight.
This rush was followed by an intense and profound emotion of connectedness. Of comfort, and safety.
Then I needed to clear everything up. Put it all away (except the fire pit) and have some Horlicks and a bath.
I had the sweetest dreams (as did TK).

Bright Blessings xxx


  

No comments:

Post a Comment